Saturday, April 9, 2011

A lecturer in UCSI

Okay, be frank, I seriously feel bad for not attending the last three Ethics class now.
This happened when WW told me that Thursday was the last day of the lecturer work in UCSI. She will leave after that.
The bad news surprised me alot and I was upset for that.
Yesterday, back home, sign in Facebook, I saw her status, "leave the building".
Sadness arose slowly.
Then, I read her article that published on NST online.
An article about UCSI FTV student, about the feeling of being a lecturer for video production subject and about how the class was conducted in the semester.
I am touched, as I am a FTV student as well.
I never taught by her before until this semester, due to the Media Ethics subject.
However, this is a shared subject that she only taught the class two months later in the semester.
I enjoyed her lecture alot although I often late for the class. She made me feel comfortable, trained me to think critically all the time in her class. Her gentle voice sometimes made me feel worth to attend the class in the freaking early of the morning. She is helpful. She gave useful advice and always left a room for the students to think during the assignment consultation.
I know she is a good lecturer and I like her way of teaching.

As stated in the article, FTV students always look forward for her comment on their production work.
Once, during my VP1, she was invited to the class to evaluate our production work.
That was the first time I officially know her in the class.
We really felt nervous as told by the seniors that she is so strict and she criticize alot.
Well, we got a "nice" from her for the music video production!
Since then, I am looking forward for her class for the rest of my FTV subjects.
So, you know how is the bad news affecting my feeling now huh.
I rarely met a good lecturer since I study in UCSI.
Those lecturer always make me feel like they are here, as a lecturer for the money purpose.
Did they really care about the progression of the students out from the bottom of their heart?
Did they really take serious of student's study and works, care about their future career opportunity?
I think I know one after reading the article.

Hmn, am I being too sentimental in this post?
I just wanna say that there is rarely good lecturer in UCSI especially for FTV subjects.
I begin to worry for my next semester and my capstone subject.
I scare that I learn nothing from the class as VP2 again.
Hais, who are going to teach us in the next semester then? Part time lecturer? :(
Her leave is definitely a loss to UCSI and to me! T.T
Someone even commented at her status that UCSI can tutup business after she left. lol

All the best to Ms Lina for her move on.
Even though she might not know who am I, I appreciate her teaching and the concern for the students.
Good luck to me for the following semester too. :(

This is the link for the touching article,

Take your time slowly. :)

2 comments:

Miamy, said...

I agree that she's a nice lecturer too. Though she can be really strict and very critical at times. The first time I was taught by her was in media writing skills class. Her first first impression to me was.. unfriendly. But it didn't last long! After a few classes I begin to like her as a lecturer. She used to give very truthful and honest comments to our work and I agree that most students look forward to listen to her comments. (all the time! haha) So I was really thankful when she republished my article on UCSI Frontiers!

The moment I found out that she will be leaving UCSI, I thought, we are losing yet another great lecturer. :(

San said...

LK, totally agree with you!
Haiz, people come and leave. :(