Saturday, February 11, 2012

6組-3班

100212 Japan Tour Guide

This was the second day of being the Japan tour guide. Felt so sorry at the early morning because I was late for almost half hour due to traffic jam. I should depart earlier. :( Anyway, a very good tour I had on the day. We had a greeting ceremony at first. Same as yesterday, the Japanese students were came from Hokuryo High School, which located at Kyoto, Japan. Four students in my group this time and I like them super duper much! lol. They are excellent students from good class I guess. Their English are not bad but just not dare to speak out sometimes. Today's destinations were same as yesterday. Felt more confident in guiding them. :)

I was able to communicate more with them today. What make me so glad was they took initiative to talk to me!! They don't know how happy I am! :D The first thing that they told me was Kyoto was located nearby Tokyo, famous with a lot of temples. Then, I taught them how to purchase train token and they showed me Japan train ticket instead. Wow! :DD Some of them brought along electronic dictionary. They used it whenever we can't understand each other, but not very often. During the lunch time, they explained to me how is the combination of Japanese name. And, they can't eat spicy food. xD

1
Waiting train at LRT station.

2
It was Friday and Jamek Mosque was closed. Took a picture outside there.

3
We then off to Central Market. The most funny thing of the day was the fish spa session. Hahaha! They had a lot of fun there! They told me that Japan do has fish spa but not that popular. Felt enjoyed when seeing a bunch of high school teens scream here and there! lol

4
5

We spent quite a lot of time in Central Market. We went to buy some souvenir. They want to buy batik, soup, chocolate, wallet and local food. They know Malaysia is popular with batik. (I almost forgot about this.) One of them buy a sepak takraw. The reason was because the pronunciation of takraw sounds alike with his name! Good souvenir indeed! :D

6
After lunch, it was postcard writing session again. I like this moment the most, did I mentioned before? lol. They can write quite well. :)

7
8
He is cool but a nice guy. Nice writing on the postcard. And the batik shop owner is really an interesting person. xD

9
10
He was not feeling well on that day. He talked less but he can use better English word to communicate. "A foreign country is terrible!" >.< Bad impression he had toward Malaysia.

11
12
He is a very nice guy! He always take initiative to talk to me and he remembers my name! :D We had a hard time in communicating sometimes but he tried so hard to explain to me slowly. He said sorry when I still can't get the meaning at the end. :( But I think he felt glad when speaking English. He is nice looking huh! :D

13
14
He is quiet and always need time to make decision. And he bought a wallet at Chinatown. lol

15
I like this picture very much! :) This pillar box becomes so memorable now.

After that, we went to Chinatown under scorching hot sun. They told me that mango is very expensive in Japan. Treated them one on the spot. :D

16
Group Picture of the day.
We took train and went back to hotel around 1.30pm. The tour ended earlier today. At the end, they said so many times Thankyou and Arigato to me. The guy even explained the souvenir that they gave to me one by one. I actually felt so touched. Felt a little loath to part with them, haha. They let me know more about Japan's culture, I learn from their good attitude. :) Hope you guys enjoy the the tour of the day. Enjoy your remaining holiday in Malaysia, don't afraid with the communicating problem, most of the Malaysian love Japanese. :D

17
Group picture of UCSI-ians of the day.
Got to know new friends and everyone treated me well. Felt more comfortable by working with HueyShenn and Yupei! I think I did a better job in this second day. Hope still got chance to work as tour guide in the coming days. Thankyou. :)

Overall was an amazing experience! I was actually envy those Japanese student so much of having such a precious chance to participate in a cultural exchange programme. These two days experience makes me so looking forward on my coming trips and the WAT. Besides, I must earn more money in order to visit Japan one day!! :)

No comments: